The video appearance technology Webex is now available in the Court’s Appellate Division for remote oral argument appearances.
To appear remotely for oral argument:
- Access the “courtroom” 15 minutes prior to your scheduled hearing.
- You must be visible, and your statements must be audible to all other participants (audio and video is required to participate remotely).
- Test your equipment before your hearing. If you are not present when your case is ready to be heard, you will be deemed to have waived oral argument, and the appeal will be deemed to have been submitted on the brief(s) of the non-appearing party or parties.
Part of the Court’s Here For You | Safe For You plan, Webex provides a safe and convenient alternative to in-person appearances. This technology allows parties to appear in court via video without having to come to court.
Appearing via Webex provides the following benefits:
- Promotes convenience;
- Reduces the number of court visitors, which assists with social distancing protocols;
- Eliminates driving and parking costs; and
- Saves commute time to courthouses.
Please visit www.lacourt.org for all of the LASC updates.